What motivates you? Is it solving tough problems and working on the cutting edge of technology with the brightest minds in your field? Is it making a difference in the lives of not only your clients but the members of your community?
We are looking for a Middle Ruby On Rails Software Developer to join Codebay and help us accomplish all of these things and more together.
Your day-to-day activities
Build scalable and distributed backend for high-demand applications.
- Build components for web applications.
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security.
- Review and debug developers’ code.
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions.
- Build, install and share gems and plugins.
- Create automated test scripts.
- Improve, monitor and maintain applications after deployment.
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure.
Are you a fit?
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby On Rails applications.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Hands-on working experience developing web applications.
- Comfortability learning new technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills by writing maintainable code.
- Experience using basic data structures, such as Hash Tables, Lists, Dictionaries, Arrays, and Stacks.
- General knowledge of Design and Architecture of web-based products.
- A team-player mindset to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- A consulting mindset to deal with ambiguous requests.
- Fluent in English.
It’s a plus if you have
- Familiarity with computer science algorithms and data structures to optimize solutions.
- Hands-on knowledge of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with Cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
- Frontend experience leveraging some of the following web technologies and frameworks: ReactJS, AngularJS, or Vue.js
- Being a DevOps advocate, with working knowledge in technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Travis, and Kubernetes.
What you’ll love about us
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work.
- Fully remote.
- Flexible schedules.
- Laptop assigned.
- Health Insurance Support with GNP.
- In-house medical service.
- Parental Leave.
- Intensive English courses.
- 30-day Christmas bonus.
- 12 days off from the first year.
- $1,000 MXN Monthly for Wi-Fi allowance.
- Internal training programs.
- Discounts and special rates in a large number of establishments through our alliances.
Having an inclusive environment is serious business, Codebay creates and nurtures a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace in which all can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.